Wednesday 21 September 2011

peas in a pod

Well, in my tennis world, things are looking up.  Jeff and I have been playing together quite often at the outdoor clay courts in Saanen which has been fantastic.  But, for anyone who knows the social and physical outlet of a regular tennis date with female friends, you'll understand that it has been something I've missed since we arrived here.  So last week, in a moment of strategic bravery, I accosted a woman dressed in a tennis skirt in the parking lot of the kids' school.  I gushed about how much I love to play tennis and asked if she would like to play sometime.   Thankfully, Laura is a lovely woman who probably took pity on me (so desperate did I appear) and arranged a game for this morning at the indoor tennis zentrum in Gstaad.  She found a third and we played with the local pro for one glorious hour!  Here's hoping it becomes a regular gig...

Now, here's a sight.  Three screen peas in a pod.....


This, I guess, is what happens when all the homework is done, you're skateboarded out, you've read all the books in the flat and everything on TV is in German!  Tomorrow, they are going on a 2 day hike with the whole school + they're staying overnight at the Wildhorn Hut at 2303m!  Doesn't that sound amazing...?

No comments:

Post a Comment